Skip to content
Snow College will be closed November 24 & 25 for Thanksgiving.

Out-of-State Authorizations (NC-SARA)


The State of Utah is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). Snow College has been approved as a SARA institution. This means that we adhere to established standards for offering post-secondary online programs in all member states. Snow College is authorized to offer online education in all states and a few territories with some restrictions regarding internships and practicums. If you are considering an online program that leads to professional license, please view the information about professional licensure. For more information about licensure for your state, please call Justin Thorpe at 435-283-7340 or email at

Professional Licensure

At Snow College, programs in the licensed professions are designed to fulfill educational pre-requisites for licensure in the State of Utah. As a graduate of Snow College, a person would then have the minimum educational qualifications to apply for Utah licensure in the chosen field or vocation. This may not be the case for all states and territories in the United States. Educational requirements vary state to state. To assist students who currently or may someday live out of the state of Utah, Snow College is committed to updating a resource that explains whether each Snow College professional program meets the licensure in that state or territory.   

Currently all licensure programs at Snow College meet the requirements in the State of Utah. We have not yet determined licensure in other states but are in the process of determining these requirements. For more information about licensure for your state, please call Justin Thorpe at 435-283-7340 or email at

Complaint Resolution


A grievance is a claim or charge of injustice, oppression or discrimination based upon an event or condition which affects the welfare or condition of an individual student or group of students. The academic divisions and student service departments on campus each have their own procedures for hearing student grievances and appeals. When students feel they have been subjected to unjust action or denied their rights by a member of the College community, the student should, with the exception of Title IX complaints/claims, first attempt resolution with those involved with the problem. If no resolution is found, the student should contact one of the following departments, depending on the nature of the problem:  

  • Dean of Students, (435) 283-7100 for possible Student Code of Conduct Violations.
  • Financial Aid, (435) 283-7130 for financial aid problems, appeals, questions, etc.
  • Registrar, (435) 283-7145 for academic appeals and/or questions.
  • Scholarships, (435) 283-7150 for scholarship appeals and/or questions.
  • Residential Life, (435) 283-7280 for on-campus housing problems ONLY. Students living off-campus should work with their off-campus housing managers/owners.  
  • Title IX, (435) 283-7120 for Title IX complaints and/or questions.
  • For other questions, individuals may call the Office of the Dean of Students at (435) 283-7100.

Student Concerns

For concerns about class-related issues:

  1. Please make an attempt to communicate concerns with the professor.
  2. If you cannot approach professor or you do not feel as though your concerns have been addressed, you should contact the chair of the department through which the course is offered.
  3. If, after communicating with the department chair, you do not feel as though your concerns have been addressed, you should contact the dean of the division through which the course is offered.
  4. Finally, if you have gone through these steps and not reached resolution, you may contact the Provost’s office.

The college official serving as the Dean of Students is available to all students who have concerns about their college experience. In this role, that official offers students a fair and equitable process for addressing concerns, having the responsibility to consider the legitimate concerns and interests of all parties affected by the matter under consideration. That official assists students by listening, providing and receiving information, identifying and reframing issues, developing possible options for dispute resolution, and referring students to appropriate resources. That official also tries to help students develop ways to solve problems themselves. That official is committed to helping students impartially and confidentially. Contact the Dean of Students in Room #241, Greenwood Student Center 435.283.7100, email

Student Consumer Complaints

Students who have complaints against the college relating to fraud, false advertising, or other deceptive practices can also file a complaint with the:  

Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 300 South, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 146704
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-6704 
Telephone No. 801-530-6601
Toll Free in Utah at 1-800-721-7233 

States in other states with complaints about online courses may file a complaint with the Utah Board of Higher Education (see UT SARA Complaint Process) – after working through the Snow College complaint process. The Board of Higher Education will only consider complaints that were previously unresolved by the institution and may refer a complaint to another agency for investigation. 

In addition, students involved with distance and correspondence education can file a complaint with their state’s enforcement authority. A list can be found at the NC-SARA directory.

Students who have complaints relating to the school’s quality of education or other issues appropriate for its accrediting body to consider, can file a complaint with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities at

Copies of documents describing the school’s accreditation and state approval are available for review upon request in the Academic Affairs Office.