The Snow College administration, faculty, staff and students, are committed to building
a more equitable and inclusive environment that focuses on building a college community
where everyone has the opportunity to develop physically, emotionally and intellectually.
We believe in the value of diversity and inclusion and recognize the uniqueness and
contribution of every individual and what they bring to the college community.
We believe in and promote a culture of dignity and respect of every individual, where
our differences, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds are welcome and encouraged.
Snow College is dedicated to:
- Embracing every person for who they are and who they wish to become;
- Nurturing the self-discovery and self-worth of every student.
- Fostering a culture of care and respect;
- Addressing inequality and promoting equity;
In accordance with the institution’s strategic plan, we commit to:
- Review our programs and pedagogies in order to identify opportunities to be more inclusive,
to broaden our students’ experience, and to amplify awareness of inequities.
- Review our hiring and recruiting practices to identify opportunities to promote diversity
throughout the institution.
- Review our institutional policies to ensure they encourage diversity of race, gender,
background, and thought.
- Institute an initiative to sponsor lectures, performances, workshops, and conversations
on the complex and ongoing issues that face our nation and world.
- President: Bradley J. Cook
- Interim Provost: Melanie Jenkins
- Interim Associate Provost: Stacee McIff
- Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services: Carson Howell
- Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management: Teri Clawson
- Dean of Students: Jason Springer
- Senior Assistant to the President for Institutional Affairs: Marci Larsen
- Executive Director, Richfield Campus: Heidi Stringham
- Assistant to President: Athletics & Auxiliary Services: Rob Nielson
- HR Director: Josh Hales
- Chief Diversity Officer: Fernando Montano
- Dean: Kim Cragun
- Dean: LaFaun Barnhurst
- Dean: Kevin Sorensen
- Dean: Michael Huff
- Interim Dean: David Allred
- Faculty Senate President: Larry Smith
- Faculty Association President: Renee Faatz
- Staff Association President: Matt Green
Download a printable version
The Mission of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is to support the college mission
by improving the retention and completion rates of underrepresented students through:
- Providing support to close the academic achievement gap and completion rates between
minority students and their classmates.
- Promoting and creating opportunities for student involvement and leadership to better
connect minority students to the college experience.
- Develop a more inclusive, welcoming campus climate for Snow College students and its
Snow College Inclusion Initiative
Creating a College Environment that Fosters Maximum Achievement and Success for all
- Fostering a respectful and inclusive campus climate
- Assuring support for academic achievement for underrepresented student populations
- Enhancing inclusive student involvement and growth opportunities.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Snow College administration, faculty, staff, and students, affirm our commitment
to diversity and inclusion, and consider them essential elements of a vibrant learning
community and integral to our institutional mission. We are determined to foster an
environment of inclusion, diversity, openness, and respect for the many differences
that will enrich the Snow College community, including race, ethnicity, religion,
gender, age, socioeconomic status, national origin, language, sexual orientation,
- Encourages and welcomes respectful dialogue and exploration of diverse ideas, topics,
perspectives, and issues to enrich our campus community.
- Promotes equitable access to all in academics, leadership opportunities, and employment.
- Enhances opportunities by encouraging all to share their cultural experiences and
identities, allowing others to learn from this exchange.
- Strives to prepare students from all backgrounds to foster respect, understanding,
awareness, pluralism, and cooperation in an increasingly complex, diverse, global
- Inclusion Initiative
- Diversity Conference
- Inclusion Round Tables
- Retention of underrepresented students
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Mole Festival
- Cultural Diversity Awareness Day
- Day of the Dead
- Martin Luther King, Jr. March
- Black History Month
- Disabilities Awareness week
- Native American Heritage
- The Luau
Multicultural Mentor Program
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion also provides resources and support to students
from all backgrounds through the Multicultural Center.
Coordinate with the Office of Admissions and local high school counselors for outreach
and recruitment of underrepresented students. Coordinate with different college departments
to host high school students from different backgrounds at Snow College.
Encourage and work with minority students to apply for the different student leadership
programs such as the Ambassadors, Student Body Officers, Resident Assistants and the
President’s Leadership Team.
- Cultural events
- Academic and social support
- Scholarships and Financial Aid Resources
- Tutoring services
Diverse Clubs and Organizations
- Multicultural Club
- Native American Club
- Black Student Union
- PRIDE Club
- Latinos In Action
- Polynesian Club
- Creeds Club