|Title||Coordinator, Continuing Education & Economic Development|
|Review Date||July 26, 2014|
|Close Date||Open Until Filled|
|Desired Start Date||August 1, 2014|
|Qualifications||• A Bachelor’s degree is required.|
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of public organizations and officers, at the College, across the service region of the College, and statewide, including elected officials and county administration personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to plan strategically, to organize effectively, to carry out programming with strong oversight, and to assess effectiveness and efficiency of programming.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to problem solve effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and present material in meetings, to large groups and to county commissions and city councils.
• Experience running a business, and responsibility for profit/loss, would be a benefit.
• Experience working effectively on committees, board of directors, and holding an elected or appointed office would be a benefit.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to maintain budgets, inter-office/organization agreements and MOU's, and process payment and fiscal forms in timely manner.
• Ability to learn College data management systems, including registration and fiscal systems, with accuracy and proficiency.
• Demonstrated ability with computer office application software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
• Ability to design, implement, and oversee creative and innovative non-credit educational options for the citizens of the six-county service region.
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, as position requires, with some evenings and weekends.
|Duties||Develops, coordinates, arranges, oversees and administers Community Education classes including:|
• Professional Development and Professional Licensing Continuing Education Unit courses,
• Workforce skills development courses, coordinating with Small Business Development Center and Custom Fit training,
• Community Ed - not for credit evening courses open to the public, including merit badge classes coordinated with the Boy Scouts of America,
• Independent Study - individual for credit courses taken by a student through the mail
• Serve as the coordinator and facilitator of communication and information sharing between and among Snow College based programs and leaders of education and training state of Utah agencies related to workforce and economic development, and the citizens, businesses, county economic development directors, elected officials and employers of the six-county region (Juab, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier and Wayne counties of central Utah). Coordinate efforts of Snow College entities dealing with economic development in the six-county region, such as the Small Business Development Center and Career Services.
• Other related duties assigned.
|Additional Information||Serves as the designated staff leader and manager of the CEED office in promoting active and effective communications with regards to College activities, and to understand the needs of the external customers and community including workforce, economic development, educational, and training needs.|
|Salary||$30,000 - $35,000 DOE|
|Special Instructions to Applicant||Send applications to: Snow College Human Resources Office 150 East College Avenue Ephraim, Utah 84627 Fax to: 435 283-7261 Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Required Applicant Documents||Cover Letter|
Snow College Staff Employment Application
Transcripts (unoffical copies acceptable)
Three professional references