|Title||Career Services Generalist|
|Review Date||August 6, 2014|
|Close Date||Open Until Filled|
|Desired Start Date||August 20, 2014|
|Qualifications||The Career Services Generalist provides support to the Career Services team. Under minimal supervision, the Generalist uses independent judgment to coordinate and supervise complex and varied administrative tasks to serve the campus community. The Generalist will serve both students and employers, encourage student participation in Career Badger services and events, and ensure employer usage and satisfaction with our online job posting and recruiting system.|
|Duties||ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS|
Education: Associates degree required
Experience: Minimum of one year of administrative experience; prefer one year of working with student populations, or the public.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications; particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with customized databases and technology, and conduct Internet research. Experience working with Banner, CSO Research or other student services specific software a plus.
• Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills to guide employers or on-campus supervisors in their job posting or campus recruiting needs.
• Excellent time management skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Preferred skills also include use of LinkedIn and other social media job search sites, current resume styles, and other jobs search skills along with the ability to advise students in these skill sets.
• Assist employers and campus supervisors with Career Badger services.
• Greet students and direct them on Career Badger and other resources for career placement, part-time and summer jobs, and internships
• Advise students on job search skills such as resumes, interviews, networking, and social media job search techniques
• Assist with exit surveys, satisfaction surveys, data collection, and research
• Manage and maintain Career Badger databases (CSO Research, Access)
• Assist team members with employer events, workshops, and related activities
|Salary||$12 to $15 / Hour DOE|
|Work Hours||20 hours per week|
|Special Instructions to Applicant||Send completed applications and supporting material to: Snow College Human Resources Office 150 East College Avenue Ephraim, UT 84627 Fax to: 435-283-7261 Email to: email@example.com|
|Required Applicant Documents||1. Cover Letter, addressing qualifications and duties of the position|
2. Snow College staff application
5. Names/contact information for three references