|Desired Start Date|
|Qualifications||The cheerleading coach is responsible for the organization and training of the cheerleading team, and supervising its performances during games and practice sessions. The cheerleading coach should be able to teach safe and proper techniques involved in cheerleading such as leading cheers, tumbling, dancing, choreography, and group and partner stunting. The cheerleading coach must possess adequate communication, managerial, and planning skills, and must maintain and complete records as instructed by administration. Some of these include health/permission forms, and annual budgets. The cheerleading coach needs to complete certification by the American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administration (AACCA) every 4 years. This certification gives knowledge on subjects such as medical and legal responsibilities, skill progressions, spotting, athlete’s psychological and physical readiness, environmental safety concerns, and program evaluation. It is the responsibility of the cheerleading coach to consistently enforce rules and uphold the image of the institution and athletic program.|
|Duties||General Calendar Items:|
• April: Recruit, plan, and hold a tryout.
• June-August: Order clothing/uniforms. Hold summer practices, and attend camp.
• Sept: Practice 3 days a week (T, W, Th). Cheer at home football and volleyball games.
• Oct-Dec: Practice. Cheer at home football, volleyball, men's/women's basketball games, and the bowl game.
• Jan-Feb: Practice. Cheer at home and nearby away men's/women's basketball games. Organize Jr. badger cheer camp.
• March: Cheer at SWAC basketball tournament. Start recruiting and tryout preparations. Hold open gym to help prospective cheerleaders prepare for tryouts.
* Practices are currently T/Th mornings from 8-10:20 am. and Wed. nights from 6-8 pm. Games are nights and weekends.
• Participation in school and community service activities and events such as pep assemblies, local parades, walk to school day, high school cheer tryouts, etc.
• Teaching team-building and leadership skills.
• Work with athletic and college faculty.
• Fund raising.
|Special Instructions to Applicant||Submit application materials to Wayne Squire by email to email@example.com or fax to 435-283-7261|
|Required Applicant Documents||Applicant must submit:|
Snow College part-time application
|Job Status||Accepting Applications|